"Indiana" Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana by traveldave

Indiana Travel Guide: 2,661 reviews and 6,009 photos

Indiana is one of the eight states I have lived in. I lived there for about nine years in the south-central part of the state, a beautiful area that was a pleasant place to spend part of my life. During my stay in Indiana, I took the time to explore its hidden corners, and came to know the forested hills and small towns of the southern part of the state.

Indiana is mainly a rural state which is characterized by forested hills in the southern region, fertile rolling plains in the central region, and flat agricultural lands in the northern region.

Despite its rural character, Indiana has urban areas which provide interesting attractions for the visitor. Indianapolis is a large city which offers cultural attractions, fine restaurants, top-notch hotels, exciting sporting events, and numerous sightseeing opportunities. Travelers should also visit some of the smaller cities throughout the state. Most have historical and cultural attractions to interest visitors.

• Last visit to Indiana: Apr 2013
  • Intro Updated Apr 2, 2013

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2012 at 5:57 AM

When I was stationed at Fort Knox (years ago) I used to spend weekends sometimes with a friend whose family had a farm near Indianapolis. So I have pleasant memories of that area, but I never really saw very much of the city itself.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2010 at 11:12 AM

You are correct that Indiana does not get the credit for sites that a lot of people are unaware of. I lived in Elgin, Ill, and traveled much of the state in working days. I always liked it, and you show the good places to see.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Sounds like Gary should be avoided but the rest seems top notch with many interesting features

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2008 at 11:45 AM

I especially enjoyed your sports tips and have been to all of them. What wonderful tips about one of my favorite states [my husband is a Hoosier!] Helpful, informative, interesting, and right on the mark.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 4:41 AM

Hans and I love the state of Indiana. We used to go there often when his brother used to live in Ligonier. I think I would like the artsy Nashville, Indiana. Great tips Dave.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 2:31 AM

I've examined updating since June, 17 when I read your page for the first time. Beautiful page, David! I don't know could I ever visit USA but may be your tips and pics help me to get acquainted with your country...

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2006 at 10:56 AM

Hey David .. yes Angkor Wat is worth a visit !!! I am really glad I did it. Great Indiana page:-)

• chercarousel's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2005 at 4:57 AM

Hello fellow Hoosier !!! I really enoyed going through your Indiana page.

• Kajron's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 1:45 PM

Indiana is very gracious and interesting!

• Dialing's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 7:36 AM

Salutations! Great to see your travelling pages! Very interesting reviews & views of sightseeings in Indiana. Best regards, Anna

traveldave Used To Live Here!

traveldave

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Badges & Stats in Indiana

Have you been to Indiana?

Latest Activity in Indiana