"Georgia" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia by traveldave

Georgia Travel Guide: 5,407 reviews and 11,075 photos

Prior to March 2005, the only times I had been to Georgia was when I passed through Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport on my way to other places and adventures. Having seen Atlanta from the air several times, I thought it looked like a beautiful city and one that I would like to visit. Because northern Georgia is only about an eight-hour's drive from where I used live in Indiana, I decided to take a long-weekend road trip to Atlanta. I was only in the city for a day and a half, but I soon discovered that that was not enough time to see and appreciate all that Atlanta has to offer. That means I will have to return someday and see some of the things I missed on this trip.

• Last visit to Georgia: Dec 2010
  • Intro Updated Jun 11, 2013

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Great page on Atlanta.Stone Mountain Park looks stunning. We usually just drive through Atlanta on our way down to Florida. It's just such a big city.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2007 at 7:44 AM

Sensational pages about Georgia, especially Atlanta. Loved the information about Margaret Mitchell House. I learned a great deal about underground Atlanta too. Superior accounts of CNN, and Coca Cola. Impressive, Dave.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 2:20 PM

I have never really considered Atlanta as a possible travel destination until reading your page Dave. Well done.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2006 at 12:25 AM

Very interesting page about the capital of Coca-Cola and CNN. 1,220 kilograms of gold leaf covering the dome of the Capitol Building impresses. There is a lot of gold on the domes of Moscow churches but now they use titanic alloy instead of it...

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2005 at 7:25 PM

Don't tell me you did ALL this in a weekend? You sure covered all the best spots. We went to my son's wedding reception at the Fox last summer. Really neat! Greetings from Augusta, Georgia. Marcia

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 5:47 AM

Great page Dave! it seems that you had lot of fun visiting Atlanta,I am glad to see some of your pictures there,the Stone Mountain Park looks great!!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2005 at 4:12 AM

So this is the birthplace of Coca Cola ! Stone Mountain Park looks interesting !

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2004 at 3:58 PM

Nice start! I`ll be back for more! I didn't visit Atlanta but Savannah and liked there :-)

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2002 at 5:06 AM

I would love to visit Savannah one day.
    And the Chatahoochee River.. Thanks ;-)

• SuVaHa's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2002 at 6:58 AM

The Atl airport is much better then O`Hare:-)

traveldave Visits Here Frequently!

traveldave

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Badges & Stats in Georgia

Have you been to Georgia?

Latest Activity in Georgia