"Florida" Top 5 Page for this destination Florida by traveldave

Florida Travel Guide: 21,358 reviews and 46,820 photos

I went to Florida in June 2007 in order to go to a convention in Orlando. Since I am an avid birdwatcher, and Florida has some of the best birdwatching in the United States, I decided to spend some time in Florida after the convention and make a short birdwatching vacation out of the trip. In order to see the greatest variety of species of birds, it is necessary to travel all over the Florida Peninsula. This gave me the opportunity not only to see Orlando, but also Tampa, Saint Petersburg, the Ocala National Forest, Miami, Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, and Key West. And unlike other trips to Florida I had made in the past prior to Virtual Tourist, I took time out from birdwatching to visit and photograph some of the sights and attractions along the way, just for this page.

• Last visit to Florida: Mar 2011
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM

It's great that Orlaando has a Shakespeare theater!

• terible22's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 7:12 AM

Home sweet home! I love it here in Florida. Great information.

• NiciJ's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Thanks for such an informative tour! Liked your tips and pictures.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2008 at 11:36 AM

An excellent tour of Florida, revealing many interesting details on this very popular tourist state!! I've been there several times (business & family on March break) but was never able to slow down to enjoy it like you did!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2008 at 7:46 AM

My Florida visit was such a long time ago = thanks for the info on all that I missed but I did see the Fort & its lovely beach

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 5:41 AM

Great page and updates,I love all your new pictures,hope to add Florida in a future trip to your country aswell!!! I'd love to visit Orlando at least. it seems that you had a nice time during your visit!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Outstanding pages, Dave. You covered Miami, Orlando, Tampa, and Key West very well. Like the emphasis on sports, arts, sciences, nature. Terrific narratives and brilliant photographs.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Florida is one of the most attractive (for me) states in the USA. If I ever visit your beautiful country I'll try for certain to visit Florida. Thanks David for the virtual travel. Very good job!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Hans and I have visited Florida many times. Our last visit in January, I found the state getting more and more crowded and less and less enjoyable. It seems all of America and Canadians included, want to live here.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2006 at 7:31 AM

I visited Florida in 2005, I had a great time. I flew into Fort Lauderdale though, love those beaches.

traveldave Visits Here Frequently!

traveldave

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Badges & Stats in Florida

Have you been to Florida?

Latest Activity in Florida