"United States of America" United States of America by traveldave

United States of America Travel Guide: 289,706 reviews and 674,175 photos

I am sure that most Americans who are members of Virtual Tourist like to travel to foreign countries (and I am guilty of this myself) to see new and exotic lands and cultures. However, in doing so, they run the risk of missing many of the things there are to see in this country. The United States of America is so vast and varied that one could spend a lifetime traveling here and not see it all. I have been fortunate in having visited 47 states, and one of my travel-related goals is to see the other three (Arkansas, Hawaii, and Oregon).

Since joining Virtual Tourist in 2001, I have started visiting states that I have not been to in many years specifically to see some of the sights and attractions, and to take photographs for new Virtual Tourist pages. I will slowly be adding pages about new states, and enhancing already-built pages as my American travels increase.

Had I provided multiple tips for each state I visited in the United States of America, this page would have too many tips and would take too much time to read. This would take away from the reader's enjoyment of the page. Therefore, I have provided one tip for each state I have visited in the United States of America. The tip I chose represents the essence of the state the way I see it. The tip could be about a major city, a tourist attraction, a natural feature, or a cultural aspect of the state. For more information and pictures, please visit my pages about each individual American state I visited.

• Last visit to United States of America: Jul 2014
  • Intro Updated Jul 1, 2014

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I was just thinking while viewing your page how much your Country is immortalised in song = Main is on my list to visit but could not think of a song for her!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 9:48 AM

Learned a great deal about the states via the flags. Some interesting concepts symbolized in flags.

• crewrower's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 4:56 AM

props to you; top 5 in 21 States. Wow wow wow. Glad I found your pages.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2007 at 4:27 AM

Just got home from Greece yesterday. Had a wonderful time there but it's still nice to be back home again. Three weeks was a long time to be away for me. Will finish United States later.

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2005 at 8:39 AM

Great idea to picture the flags and info about the states.

• Nov 29, 2004 at 4:18 PM

Hey Dave good updates! You been working hard..By the way go look at my home page and at the bottom click on my Travel Logs listed "My trip back in time" We might just be related..LOL...Benita

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2004 at 4:24 PM

what a great collection of flags !

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 2:27 PM

I always like to see your USA page! right now I got a few of my favorite states!!! :-)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2003 at 2:51 PM

Here I am!! Over here in Rhode Island!! The smallest state in the Union. Hooray! :-)

• Mauzl's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2003 at 10:01 PM

whow - what a page! I love it!

traveldave

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Badges & Stats in United States of America

Have you been to United States of America?

Latest Activity in United States of America