"Cayman Islands ... wow" George Town by canaglic
George Town Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 68 photos
Seven Mile Beach is a long crescent of coral sand beach on the western shore of Grand Cayman Island. The beach is world renowned for its beauty recently receiving the honor of "The Caribbean's Best Beach" from Caribbean Travel and Life Magazine. Seven Mile Beach is the most popular and in turn, the most developed area of Grand Cayman and is home to the majority of the island's luxury resorts and hotels.
Lying approximately five hundred miles south of Miami, the Cayman Islands bask in the Caribbean sunshine. The capital, George Town, hosts the many financial institutions that have made Grand Cayman their home.
Forgetting the business and busy town centre, however, and George Town is also the start of Seven Mile Beach. This magnificent beach sweeps around to the West Bay area and is the stuff of movies.
The people of Cayman Islands are very friendly.
The beach is home to many of the luxury hotels and condominiums on the island and so there is a wealth of beach bars where there is always the option to stop and take refreshment before continuing to explore and enjoy the beach area
Snorkelling is popular in this area. There are reefs to explore, and an artificial reef has been constructed opposite the Marriott Hotel. With such a great expanse to swim and snorkel it is quite common to swim with turtle and a variety of colourful and inquisitive fish
Margaritaville Cayman has been serving up a giant order of fun since it opened in September 2006, only steps away from... more travel advice
canaglic's Related Pages
George Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "George Town, Grand Cayman Island"
- "Grand Cayman"
- "Cayman Islands ... wow"
- "George Town, Cayman Islands"
- "GEORGE TOWN: A TROPICAL PARADISE"
- "February 2011 Grand Cayman Beach Day"
- "George Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in George Town
- Transportation in George Town
- Nightlife in George Town
- Restaurants in George Town
- Shopping in George Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in George Town
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to George Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in George Town
Top 10 Pages
- Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 93 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 36 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Split Intro, 25 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hvar Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bovec Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos
- Pula Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Korcula Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Opatija Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos