"Patzcuaro, Michoacan" Pátzcuaro by makai
Pátzcuaro Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 111 photos
When you first arrive in Patzcuaro you notice that there are large, mature pine trees everywhere with their bases painted white presumably for the benefit of night traffic. This immediately sets the mood for the town with calming and cooling effect. Among Patzcuaro's advantages are:
It is a relatively small city of about 40,000 people.
There is a large lake of the same name with islands you can boat to.
At 7200 feet altitude it is delightfully cool here even walking in the sun.
There is not one but two plazas with sidewalk restaurants in the portals.
It has some of the best preserved colonial architecture in all of Mexico.
There are a multitude of daytrips you can take to archaeologic, craft producing, and other leisure locations.
Tourism has not overtaken things and prices are reasonable.
see: <a href='http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/rmeyer/mich/patz.htm'>http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/rmeyer/mich/patz.htm</a>
makai's Related Pages
Pátzcuaro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An introduction to Mexico MUY GIGANTE"
- "Patzcuaro, Mexico"
- "Day of the Death Celebration."
- "Patzcuaro: A beautiful two-tone town"
- "a charming city,keeping character from the past"
- "Patzcuaro, Michoacan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pátzcuaro
- Hotels in Pátzcuaro
- Transportation in Pátzcuaro
- Restaurants in Pátzcuaro
- Shopping in Pátzcuaro
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lublin Hotels
- Kataragama Hotels
- Southern Thailand
- Brian Head
- Mount Ngauruhoe Hotels
- West Kalimantan Province
- Navajo National Monument Hotels
- Broken Hill Hotels
- Ilha de Fernando de Noronha
- Kals-am Großglockner
- Duinbergen Hotels
- Province de Chaouen
Badges & Stats in Pátzcuaro
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Pátzcuaro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pátzcuaro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kailua-Kona Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Spain Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Hilo Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Sedona Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Granada Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Pahoa Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 1 photo
- Salamanca Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.
Latest Pátzcuaro hotel reviews
- Mansion Iturbe
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 1, 2013