San Juan Off The Beaten Path Tips by mannymiami
San Juan Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 8 photos
This place is a very arid dry desert national park. It almost has a moonlike feel to the atmosphere.
This picture was taken in June 2002 which is winter in Argentina. This is what the landscape looks like. Its a very dry area and its the ultimate topography for grape growing for the wine industry . This was on the way to the park in the Ullum Valley.
This place is one of the most beautiful places Ive seen in Argentina...
One thing I really enjoyed about the Ullum Valley is the grilling steaks out in the open the Argentine way. Argentine beef is excellent and very inexpensive. That day we drank great wine from this region and ate lots of steak.
The valley of Ullum is about 15 miles west from the center of the city of San Juan. Its at the foot of the Andes Mountains. Here you can get as close to nature as possible. One can find many camping sites and and hiking paths. This picture is taken from the center of a lake that in the Argentine winter dries up. Here in the center of this place I discoverd complete silence in the middle of the outdoors. I also was lucky to witness wild horses calloping in the wilderness. One of the most beautiful places I've seen.
Valle de la Luna
<font color=blue size=+> The Valley of the Moon or El Valle de La Luna is outside of the city of San Juan about 2 hours away. This far out place makes you feel like you are somewhere in the Moon or in Mars...
Valle de la Luna
<font color=#ff9900 size=+>The colors at sunset are spectacular..
<font color=blue size=+> The Cuyo region consists of the Andean provinces of Mendoza and San
Juan, and adjacent San Luis. The area retains a strong regional identity,
with a unique mestizo population reflecting the influence of neighboring
Chile. An important agricultural region, particularly famous for its grapes
and wine, it lies in the shadow of the massive Andes and is visited for its
many sporting and recreational activities, such as climbing and trekking.
Wineries, hidden mountain villages and the centers of Mendoza and San
Juan are other attractions.
<font color=#cc6600 size=+>Valle de La Luna
More Reviews (46)
- See All El dique de Ullum in San Juan...
- See All Majestic Mountains and Blue Skies
- See All A typical San Juaninian House
- See All My Favorite Little Cafe
- Be careful of getting lost in...
mannymiami's Related Pages
San Juan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The city of San Juan "land of great wine and sun"."
- "San Juan"
- "San Juan"
- "The history of la difunta Correa, in San Juan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Juan
- Hotels in San Juan
- Transportation in San Juan
- Nightlife in San Juan
- Restaurants in San Juan
- Warnings and Dangers in San Juan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Parma Hotels
- Putney Heath Hotels
- Pulau Batam Hotels
- Sydenham Hotels
- New Zealand
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Bend Off The Beaten Path
- Pisa Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in San Juan
- 59 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to San Juan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Juan
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Driving from San Diego to Miami..."
- Wrote a Review Valle de La Luna " The Valley of the Moon. in San Juan Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Valle de La Luna " The Valley of the Moon."
- created a San Juan Travelogue "Six months later back in San Juan Argentina"
Photos in San JuanSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Cuba Intro, 93 reviews, 117 photos, 2 travelogues
- Miami Beach Intro, 81 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 66 reviews, 67 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 52 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Juan Intro, 59 reviews, 66 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 59 reviews, 60 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 43 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 40 reviews, 37 photos
- Philadelphia Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Cuba Intro, 34 reviews, 35 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (52)
Latest San Juan hotel reviews
- Zonda Hostel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 27, 2013