"Haarlem, city of many faces" Haarlem by lvdpiet
Haarlem Travel Guide: 570 reviews and 1,426 photos
Beautiful city in the province of Noord-Holland.
Earliest inhabitants already in the 13e century.
Not so big: approx. 150.000 inhabitants.
A lot of culture in buildings, f.i. this church built in the 15e century over a period of approx 100 years.
Capital of the province. Very good shopping, nice terraces and the most beautiful townsquare of Europe (we like to think)"De Grote markt". The other most beautiful square of Europe is surely the "Piazza del Campo" in Siena, Italy! (see the Florence pages). It can even compete with the Great Marketplace of Antwerp! (see the Antwerp pages)
It has everything: concerthall, theatre, museums on art and technology, 14 century townhall and so on.
Only 5 miles to the Northsea and the dunes.
If you would live there, you do'nt want to leave anymore ! My friend Alistair (he is a yordy) will confirm this!.
(picture: The market square and the Bavo church (former cathedral))
- In a nutshell:typical golden age city!
Please visit the 'Hofjes'of Haarlem. 'Hofjes'are nice inner city gardens, hidden between the houses, with little houses... more travel advice
See the sights of the old alleys. Much to be photographed for taking home that special feeling of old Europe. more travel advice
- See All Van der Valk Hotel Haarlem...
- There are so many restaurants...
- Packing List
- Frans Hals Museum, Klein...
lvdpiet's Related Pages
Haarlem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haarlem - City of Flowers"
- "HAARLEM MY HOMETOWN"
- "Between us, I prefer Haarlem to Amsterdam."
- "READY FOR A VT-MEETING?"
- "An Easy Day Trip From Amsterdam Central"
- "Haarlem Adventures"
- "sandravdp's new Haarlem Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haarlem
- Hotels in Haarlem
- Transportation in Haarlem
- Nightlife in Haarlem
- Restaurants in Haarlem
- Shopping in Haarlem
- Warnings and Dangers in Haarlem
- See All...
Explore the World
- Shillong Hotels
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Hotels
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan Hotels
- Garrapata State Park Hotels
- Carcar Hotels
- North America
- Hong Kong
- Badulla Hotels
- Riva del Garda
- Montecatini Terme
- Lloret de Mar
Badges & Stats in Haarlem
- 15 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Haarlem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haarlem
- Posted in Travel Vienna Forum "RE: Cheapest way to see museums..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The building site of my new house"
- created a Haarlem Travelogue "The building site of my new house"
- Wrote a Review Please visit the 'Hofjes'of... about Hofjes in Haarlem Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of muis's Haarlem travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 140 photos, 10 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 12 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 6 reviews, 54 photos, 8 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 15 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indonesia Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aswan Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
Latest Haarlem hotel reviews
- Hotel Carillon
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 31, 2013
- Carlton Square Hotel
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Hotel Malts
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Amadeus Hotel
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Amrath Grand Hotel Frans Hals
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Ambassador City Centre Hotel
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Van Der Valk Hotel Haarlem Zuid
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Hotel Die Raeckse
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Stayokay Haarlem
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013
- Golden Tulip Lion Dor
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013