"Rob47's new Canary Islands Page" Canary Islands by Rob47
Canary Islands Travel Guide: 4,843 reviews and 10,893 photos
I went to Lanzerote for the Millenium.
Did nothing.....just relaxed, ate and drank beer....perfect !!!!!!!
Closer to North Africa than to Spain, the ruggedly exotic Canary Islands pack multicultural cities as well as Spanish villages, parched sand dunes as well as seaside resorts.
You can explore caves once inhabited by ancient tribes, hike to snow-covered peaks, savour a meal grilled over the heat from a volcanic crater.
With water sports, wine-tasting, and year-round sun and nightlife, the Canary Islands have long been Europe's favorite winter retreat.
The Canary Islands, a volcanic archipelago 1,280 km (800 mi) southwest of mainland Spain and 112 km (70 mi) off the coast of southern Morocco, lie at about the same latitude as central Florida.
Each of the seven islands has its own character. Some are fertile and overgrown with exotic tropical vegetation; others are as dry as a bone, with lava caves and desert sand dunes. The Canaries also have Spain's highest peak, Mt. Teide, which is snowcapped for much of the year.
The best thing about the Canaries is their climate, warm in winter and tempered by cool Atlantic breezes in summer. You can swim year-round.
The leading resort area on Lanzarote, Puerto del Carmen has grown from a sleepy fishing village. Together with the neighbouring Playa de los Pocillos it has 6km of wide, dark sand beach and plenty of supermarkets, boutiques, discos and restaurants.
DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS....... more travel advice
Just chill out and have a few beers.....good place to relax. Plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. Being warm... more travel advice
Rob47's Related Pages
Canary Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAS ISLAS CANARIAS"
- "Leroy's new Canary Islands Page"
- "Was there as a child - Am there as an adult!"
- "F.Lade's new Canary Islands Page"
- "Canary Islands : TENERIFEVamos a volar a Tenerife"
- "spetterke's Trip to Canary Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canary Islands
- Hotels in Canary Islands
- Transportation in Canary Islands
- Nightlife in Canary Islands
- Restaurants in Canary Islands
- Shopping in Canary Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Canary Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canary Islands
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Canary Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canary Islands
- Posted in Travel Canada Forum "RE: RE: immigration question"
- created a Canary Islands Travel Page "Rob47's new Canary Islands Page"
- Wrote a Review DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN... in Canary Islands Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN..."
- Commented on one of colin_bramso's Canary Islands travel pages
Photos in Canary IslandsSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Middlesbrough Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Nottinghamshire Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Assen Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nigeria Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Mannheim Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- York Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
Top Canary Islands hotels
- Playa Blanca Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 119 Photos
- Adeje Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Hotels
- 856 Reviews - 1646 Photos
- Maspalomas Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Isla de Tenerife Hotels
- 1401 Reviews - 2928 Photos
- Teguise Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Isla de Gran Canaria Hotels
- 412 Reviews - 1163 Photos
- Playa del Ingles Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 3 Photos
- Puerto de la Cruz Hotels
- 55 Reviews - 142 Photos
- Corralejo Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Hotels
- 190 Reviews - 428 Photos
- Los Cristianos Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Hotels
- 88 Reviews - 198 Photos
- Mogán Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 44 Photos
- Guía de Isora Hotels
- 4 Hotels