"NEW YORK CITY - The capital of the world!" New York City by daBertl
New York City Travel Guide: 15,524 reviews and 30,894 photos
How shall we call her? The Big Apple or Gotham or simply The City? Definitely, NYC is a woman, if we allow ourselves to distribute genders to cities. Why? Simply she has so many different faces, attitudes, characters, expressions and appearances. Girls, don't get me wrong here - it is meant to be a compliment. We love you for having those abilities. Anyhow, She is certainly a place every traveler must do at least once in a lifetime. Surely not enough to explore all those different characters and visit all those great many places the city has to offer, but, hey not even New Yorkers know their own city entirely.
Before you get all excited about Central Park, Wall Street, Empire State and WTC, take it easy and do not expect any of those tourist traps on my report. You can read about that stuff in any guidebook and do not have to continue reading my New York! What I want to show and tell you about are things that you most likely will not find in any regular book and surely not in a travel guide. The things I'll try to sell you are basic parts of a city that is often misunderstood. NYC is not a place with golden sidewalks where everybody buys jewelry at Tiffany's and lives in a penthouse on Park Avenue. NYC is more than that. Certainly, Park Avenue and Tiffany's are establishments that do belong to us, but again you find pages full of that in your tour book.
NYC is ABC City, The Bronx, Spanish Harlem, Brooklyn Lager, dirty streets, Ukrainian food, Inwood, Jazz and Punk, Van Dyke Expressway, Lansky, LIRR, TriState, Jamaica, Prospect Park, Broadway Local and Park Slope. Tell me if you've read about that in your guidebook.
NYC is beautiful in many faces and not as dangerous and plagued with crime as you may think. She is a lady, dirty and aggressive though, often rude and impolite, but charming and sensitive on the other hand. If you want the city to consider you as a tourist, you certainly will be considered one. If you want to be a part of the city - no problem, it's the place for everybody to be no matter what color, race, orientation or faith, you are welcome!
What you should definitely do if you are in town for summer, take a train and visit the local beaches on Long Island.... more travel advice
Tourist traps – sure there are a few. I have not heard that much about it though lately but I remember a few things.... more travel advice
daBertl's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "I loved it - and I don't even like apples!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- Posted in Travel Austria Forum "RE: RE: Austrian Expatriots"
- Uploaded a Photo to "NEW YORK CITY - The capital of the world!"
- created a New York City Travel Page "NEW YORK CITY - The capital of the world!"
- Wrote a Review What you should definitely do... in New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of lolita2002's New York City travel pages
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Belize City Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Austria Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Skopje Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Greece Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Mazatlán Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Acapulco Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- La Paz Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Argentina Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
Latest New York City hotel reviews
- Times Square Dream Hostel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2012
- The Inn on 23rd
- 185 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast
- 149 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- A Hospitality Company, Inc.
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 20, 2006
- Latham Hotel
- 245 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 29, 2013
- New York Habitat
- 1 Review & Opinion
- The Lucerne
- 917 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Bridgestreet Furnished Quarters Wilshire Plaza
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2012
- The Sherry-Netherland
- 155 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Wanderers Inn West
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 22, 2012
- The Maritime Hotel
- 260 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Union Square Inn
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- The St. Regis Club at the Essex House, New York
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 12, 2012
- Ivy Terrace
- 250 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013