"Tervetuloa Suomeen" Finland by Enzo
Finland Travel Guide: 9,346 reviews and 20,974 photos
Maps courtesy of <a href="http://www.theodora.com/maps">www.theodora.com/maps</a> used with permission.
This is where i now live, LAHTI, Suomi. Probably the nicest town i've seen yet in Finland. But i like busy places which must have an Irish pub!! :-))
I spent 2 months living in Kuhmo and that is also a beautiful place. A picturesque town with wonderful lakes, and good hunting!!
But I prefer the bright lights of Lahti. Moved there 17th November and now working in Hollola just outside Lahti.
So far i've seen Oulu, Kajanni, Kuopio, Kuhmo, Vasa, Sotkamo, Kouvola, Nurmes and now Lathi, and many other places I cant spell or pronounce! Anywhere else worth a look???
As for the Finnish people!!!! A very quiet reserved people and not very open. But when you get to know them, or rather they get to know you, they are down to earth, good fun, and very good friends. They are quite similar to Irish people in many respects.
They are fanatical about sports, and I HATE MIKA HAKKINEN, sorry! They actually seem to love all sports, especially winter sports and motor sports etc.
A good bunch all round!
<font color=green size=-2>All these photos are taken by myself unless otherwise stated. If you want to use any of them please ask first. Thanks a million.<font color=red>© Enda McGuinness 2001 (copyright) </font></font>
Of course Ice hockey is one of the majour sports here!! But whatever you think of it on tv, to actually visit a game is... more travel advice
Winter in Finland is gorgeous, the roads are treacherous which sometimes makes travel difficult but the snow is... more travel advice
- See All Fly!! Or drive like I did....
- Watch out for moose when...
- See All Good pubs and clubs down...
Enzo's Related Pages
Finland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finland - about stereotypes and uniqueness"
- "Tales from the Thousand Lakes"
- "It is never too hot in Finland"
- "Fin de Lande"
- "IMPORTANT FINLAND FACTS"
- "Finland, it is quite fine land, may I say"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Finland
- Hotels in Finland
- Transportation in Finland
- Nightlife in Finland
- Restaurants in Finland
- Shopping in Finland
- Warnings and Dangers in Finland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Finland
- 60 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Finland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finland
Top 10 Pages
- Lahti Intro, 28 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 28 reviews, 66 photos, 8 travelogues
- China Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 17 reviews, 49 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joensuu Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Eindhoven Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Finland Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Europe Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castlebar Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Finland hotels
- Helsinki Hotels
- 3614 Reviews - 7274 Photos
- Turku Hotels
- 475 Reviews - 967 Photos
- Vantaa Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 107 Photos
- Tampere Hotels
- 574 Reviews - 987 Photos
- Rovaniemi Hotels
- 357 Reviews - 727 Photos
- Oulu Hotels
- 214 Reviews - 387 Photos
- Espoo Hotels
- 99 Reviews - 180 Photos
- Porvoo Hotels
- 232 Reviews - 487 Photos
- Ivalo Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 76 Photos
- Joensuu Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Pori Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 65 Photos
- Inari Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Kotka Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 48 Photos
- Jyväskylä Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Kouvola Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 85 Photos