"Ghana" Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana by Alpha_Ghana
Ghana Travel Guide: 1,483 reviews and 4,063 photos
Come to Ghana's Gold Coast Ghana, situated between the Cote d'Ivoire and Togo on the West Coast of Africa, is one of the Continent's most beautiful countries.
From its picturesque, coastal location to its wide range of attractions and amenities, Ghana appeals to a diverse group of travellers. For those seeking a rich and vibrant culture, sun-drenched beaches with pristine swimming, ancient European castles, lush tropical forests, colourful festivals celebrating the chieftaincy, mouth-watering seafood and Africa's friendliest people, Ghana is a wonderful find.
The exuberant Ghanaian hospitality - expressed heartily in the traditional greeting "akwaaba" or "welcome" - will warm you. You will feel at home in Ghana, the land of legends, while discovering its unparalleled traditions and beauty. Formerly called the Gold Coast by Europeans who came to the country's shores initially in search of gold and later for slaves, Ghana derives its post-independence name from an ancient, powerful kingdom. The splendour of the past remains alive today in the religious royalty of the village chiefs, the magnificent works of art in bronze, wood and stone, and the life rhythms of the village, marketplace and fishing port
- Pros:people, security, safety
- In a nutshell:The gate to West Africa
As a former British colony, Ghana kept the tradition of uniform in schools. The Government schools oblige to wear an... more travel advice
Tro-Tro is a name coming from Three-Three, when a trip was three pesawas a long time ago. The tro-Tro is a kind of van,... more travel advice
Alpha_Ghana's Related Pages
Ghana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The African gem that is Ghana"
- "* Ghana, Africa's black star *"
- "Real People Live in Ghana"
- "Two weeks in Ghana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ghana
- Hotels in Ghana
- Transportation in Ghana
- Nightlife in Ghana
- Restaurants in Ghana
- Shopping in Ghana
- Warnings and Dangers in Ghana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ghana
- 102 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Ghana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ghana
Top 10 Pages
- Pointe-Noire Intro, 38 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 43 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako Intro, 32 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 39 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Mali Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Nouadhibou Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 13 reviews, 5 photos
- Brussels 11 reviews, 6 photos