"Bamako" Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako by Alpha_Ghana
Bamako Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 162 photos
A large town? No, it is rather a very large village. When you climb one of the very few storey building, you can see the whole Bamako.
You are well in Bamako, not in Holland. As far as you can see, the land is almost flat, just some official buildings that break the monotony of the landscape and one or two small, accidental hills.
Bamako is a main step on the Niger River, coming from Guinea and going to Niger and Nigeria.
However, Bamako has a certain charm, although it is very dirty.
It has grown a lot during the last ten years.
Niger is the longest river in the sub region. Coming from Guinea, it goes through Mali, Niger and Nigeria.
During the raining season, Niger floads and spreads a lot in Bamako. With chance, you can see some hippos.
Like everywhere in Africa, people have time to nicely arrange fruits on the displays. However, Mali is very poor in fruit choice and fruit quality.
If you go there, expect to eat tomatoes, green pepper and onions for vegetable, mangos and bananas for fruits. Others are usually imported or are rare.
- Pros:safe, junction of roads in West Africa
- In a nutshell:a big village but the only real town of Mali
Malians wear traditional clothes that look between the coloured African dressing and the Arabic one. Batik is a Malian... more travel advice
Schools are at their simplest expression. It is more or less mandatory however few people can read and write in Mali.... more travel advice
- See All Alongside the Niger
- See All Pizzeria
- See All Bla Bla
- See All Visit Mali on the RIver
Alpha_Ghana's Related Pages
Bamako Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bamako - a city in miniature"
- "Mali's Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bamako
- Hotels in Bamako
- Transportation in Bamako
- Nightlife in Bamako
- Restaurants in Bamako
- Shopping in Bamako
- Warnings and Dangers in Bamako
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bamako
- 32 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Bamako?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bamako
Top 10 Pages
- Pointe-Noire Intro, 38 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 43 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako Intro, 32 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 39 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Mali Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Nouadhibou Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 13 reviews, 5 photos
- Brussels 11 reviews, 6 photos