"Djénné" Djenne by Alpha_Ghana
Djenne Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 210 photos
This is one of the most popular sight of Djénné.
Djénné wanted to preserve its past and it succeeded. This was created for wises and scientists people in the middle of a fort. Walls are old and fall sometimes, but the architecture is still the one of an untakable forteresse.
The waters of the Bani separate around the town. to better protect it at the same time from the East and from the West.
Whereever you come from, you must obey the Bani to visit Djénné, with a local ferry during the raining season or walking in the almost dry arm of the river during the dry season.
The Bani protecting Djénné
- Pros:Architecture, history
- In a nutshell:The best place to meet the history of Mali
There is no other way to go to Djénné than to cross the Bani. Djénné is on a small island. During the dry season, you... more travel advice
Alpha_Ghana's Related Pages
Djenne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Djenne is a Market Town with a Great Mud Mosque"
- "Djenné: mixed feelings..."
- "Djenne - Impressive 14th Century Mud Mosquee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Djenne
- Hotels in Djenne
- Transportation in Djenne
- Nightlife in Djenne
- Restaurants in Djenne
- Shopping in Djenne
- Warnings and Dangers in Djenne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Djenne
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Djenne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Djenne
Top 10 Pages
- Pointe-Noire Intro, 38 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 43 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako Intro, 32 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 39 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Mali Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Nouadhibou Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 13 reviews, 5 photos
- Brussels 11 reviews, 6 photos