"Lubumbashi, capitale of Copper (and other mining)" Top 5 Page for this destination Lubumbashi by Alpha_Ghana
Lubumbashi Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 13 photos
Lubumbashi, second town of Democratic Republic of Congo is the former Elizabethville created by the Belgians in the 19th century. Inthe middle of nowhere, always more than 2000 km from an ocean harbour, Lubumbashi is the Copper capitale and the main town of the Province of Katanga, the richest underground of the world and a "geologic scandal".
The city was almost abandonned during the last 30 years until the huge demand in Copper and Cobalt pushed all mining companies to explore and develop mining in the Province.
Today, the city is over crowded by hundreds of mining companies and people from everywhere in Congo attracted by the potential of the mining companies.
Compared to only 2003 when the streets of the city were almost empty, Lubumbashi can no longer accept the huge traffic jams caused by the thousands of cars and trucks coming to deliver the building material to the mines.
18 holes golf in very good condition at a quite cheap rate (800USD per year for membership). what you need for golf. more travel advice
A little bit out of town, as the name can indicate, the Bush Camp is a very good place to be during the weekend. In the... more travel advice
Alpha_Ghana's Related Pages
Lubumbashi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lubumbashi, capitale of Copper (and other mining)"
- "DRC's Second largest City"
- "It's a mining town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lubumbashi
- Hotels in Lubumbashi
- Nightlife in Lubumbashi
- Restaurants in Lubumbashi
- Shopping in Lubumbashi
- Warnings and Dangers in Lubumbashi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lubumbashi
- 13 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Lubumbashi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lubumbashi
Photos in LubumbashiSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Pointe-Noire Intro, 38 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 43 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bamako Intro, 32 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Accra Intro, 39 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Mali Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Nouadhibou Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Mauritius Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 13 reviews, 5 photos
- Brussels 11 reviews, 6 photos