"My Japan Page!" Japan by Beachcomber

Japan Travel Guide: 20,460 reviews and 57,842 photos

Japan is such a mysterious country and there are always things to do and see. The landscape is so unique and the hospitality of the Japanese is very warm.
Japan is a country with a wealth of culture which still lives on today.
Almost all the houses are japanese style.
Japan is such an Amazing and unique country.

Why I went there>
About 2 years ago I had a Japanese homestay student in my house for about 3 weeks. We kept in touch and I was invited to go over to Japan in the Japanese summer holidays. It was an absolutely unforgetable experience. I will never forget the rice paddys, mountains, vending machines and the mysterious Japanese architecture which is apparent all over Japan. Some people think that all of Japan is just full of skyscrapers with smog and people everywhere. Well that is untrue. Apparently over 70% of Japan is trees. I would aggree with that estimate as with every mountain (and there are heaps) is full of trees. The Japanese do build many houses on the flat land but they leave the trees on the mountains instead of building houses on them and that keeps the charm of Japan alive.
Anyway the family I stayed with were very kind and there house was really cool. I was very grateful of their invitation as without them my experience in this beautiful country would have never occured.
While in Japan I visited Osaka, Okayama, Kobe, Tokushima, Tokyo & Kyoto.
I had a great time. Maybe the time of my life even!
I long for more and am currently thinking of going to Japan and teaching english. But that's years away. For the time being enjoy my pages.
I will continue to add more to pages throughout the year.

• Last visit to Japan: Aug 2001