"World´s largest steam engine" Cruquius by carolineraat
Cruquius Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 12 photos
The Cruquius is an enormous pumping station. Inside stands world´s largest ever-built steam engine.
The engine was used to convert the Haarlem Lake, a large lake in between Haarlem, Leiden and Amsterdam, into fertile land. Nowadays, on this land ly various cities and Schiphol international airport. When you land here, you are 5 metres below sea level!
Cruquius is not only a marve of technique but also an interesting building. More in my TRAVELOGUE.
carolineraat's Related Pages
Cruquius Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cruquius
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cruquius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cruquius
Photos in CruquiusSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leiden Intro, 42 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 45 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tilburg Intro, 33 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 1 review, 76 photos, 5 travelogues