"Landscape on the world heritage list" Middenbeemster by carolineraat
Middenbeemster Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 46 photos
The Beemster is one of the oldest reclamations in The Netherlands, dating from the 17th century.
This landscape is unique in the world
The art of reclaiming land was invented by Leeghwater. He used windmills to pump the water out of the land into the surrounding canals.
On this old map you can see my family name. This family comes from the Beemster.
carolineraat's Related Pages
Middenbeemster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Hometown"
- "Landscape on the world heritage list"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Middenbeemster
- Hotels in Middenbeemster
- Transportation in Middenbeemster
- Restaurants in Middenbeemster
- Shopping in Middenbeemster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Middenbeemster
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Middenbeemster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Middenbeemster
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leiden Intro, 42 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 45 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tilburg Intro, 33 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 1 review, 76 photos, 5 travelogues