"Nijmegen Pictures" Nijmegen by carolineraat
Nijmegen Travel Guide: 413 reviews and 757 photos
Nijmegen, the city of Charlemagne, is a very nice town in the east of the country, on the Waal river. It has many restaurants, shops and a nice boulevard on the river.
Also, it has many historical monuments. And it's ideal for trips in the area.
Want to see all my photos? There are in this site:
The city was heavilly damaged in the war. But there is still much history left, or has been reconstructed. In my new BEAUTIFUL NIJMEGEN TRAVELOGUE you can see my recent pictures.
Overlooking the Waal river, there used to be a famous castle, the Valkhof. It was built already in the 9th century by Charlemagne and was also used by famous emperors as Barbarossa. In the 19th century much of the castle was demolished. The remaining parts, as the chaple on the picture, and the beautiful site overlooking the area, are worth a visit.
- In a nutshell:The best town in Gelria
Visit Grave, a picturesque fortified town on the Maas river, not far from Nijmegen. Take your bike for a tour along the... more travel advice
The Belvedere tower on a hill above the Waal more travel advice
carolineraat's Related Pages
Nijmegen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum"
- "egonwegh's own Nijmegen Page"
- "Nijmegen, residence of ancient emperors"
- "Nijmegen, my hometown"
- "Roeffie's Nijmegen Page"
- "ptitetoile's Nijmegen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nijmegen
- Hotels in Nijmegen
- Transportation in Nijmegen
- Nightlife in Nijmegen
- Restaurants in Nijmegen
- Shopping in Nijmegen
- Warnings and Dangers in Nijmegen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bogurtlen Adasi Hotels
- Hanapepe Hotels
- Lettermore Island Hotels
- Krems an der Donau
- Avtonomna Respublika Krym
- Malabar Farm State Park Hotels
- Sandingan Island Hotels
- Jimboomba Hotels
- Campobello di Licata
Badges & Stats in Nijmegen
- 23 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Nijmegen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nijmegen
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: offensive emails?"
- updated a Nijmegen Travel Page "Nijmegen Pictures"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Belvedere tower on a hill..."
- Commented on one of egonwegh's Nijmegen travel pages
- Wrote a Review Visit Grave, a picturesque... about Surroundings in Nijmegen Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leiden Intro, 42 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 45 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tilburg Intro, 33 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 1 review, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Nijmegen hotel reviews
- Hotel Catharina
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Amrath Hotel Belvoir
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Mercure Nijmegen Centre
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Hotel Atlanta
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- De Prince - De Amuse
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013
- Hotel Courage
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Apollo Hotel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Scandic Hotel Sanadome Nijmegen
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 7, 2013
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 21, 2013