"A fortified town in springtime" Willemstad by carolineraat
Willemstad Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 66 photos
Willemstad is one of the many lovely fortified towns in the Netherlands. It was founded by and named after William of Orange. It has the shape of a seven-armed star.
The town is well-kept and there are many monuments to be seen, such as the town hall and the Mauritshuis, the hunting lodge that was built by William´s son Maurits. You can see more in this site:
The octagional church is the first church built in the Netherlands for keeping protestant ceremonies. It lies in the heart of the city, surrounded by a moat.
carolineraat's Related Pages
Willemstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Friendly and picturesque everywhere you look"
- "Willemstad, a little diamant in military rough"
- "A fortified town in springtime"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Willemstad
- Transportation in Willemstad
- Restaurants in Willemstad
- Warnings and Dangers in Willemstad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Willemstad
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Willemstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Willemstad
Photos in WillemstadSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leiden Intro, 42 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 45 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tilburg Intro, 33 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 1 review, 76 photos, 5 travelogues