"Medieval beauty on the Waal river" Zaltbommel by carolineraat
Zaltbommel Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 91 photos
Zaltbommel is a very interesting, small town on the Waal river, in the province Gelria.
The city is dominated by the tower of the St. Maartens church, a wonderful medieval structure. The best view is from the moats that surround the old town.
But there is much more: old town gates, picturesque litle streets, a lovely market square and the Maarten van Rossumhuis.
Also, there are some nice shops and restaurants.
Want to see it all? Visit my site:
- In a nutshell:A fortified city at its best
Zaltbommel still keeps a lot of its old fortifications: singels (star-shaped moats) and some parts of the walls. You can... more travel advice
The bold gothic St. Maarten´s church once had a tip on its tower, but that has long gone. There is a famous song about... more travel advice
carolineraat's Related Pages
Zaltbommel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fortified town on the river Waal"
- "Medieval beauty on the Waal river"
- "Medieval Fortress"
- "Scenic small town in shade of big church & bridge"
- "Zaltbommel, NL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zaltbommel
- Transportation in Zaltbommel
- Restaurants in Zaltbommel
- Warnings and Dangers in Zaltbommel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zaltbommel
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Zaltbommel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zaltbommel
Photos in ZaltbommelSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 62 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Leiden Intro, 42 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 5 reviews, 107 photos, 10 travelogues
- Maastricht Intro, 45 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tilburg Intro, 33 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 25 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 1 review, 76 photos, 5 travelogues