"CHA AM Thailand Travel and Accommodation" Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am by sarahreynold
Cha-am Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 278 photos
Buses from Bangkok South Terminal every 40 minutes. 2.45 hrs journey.Also some long distance buses will also stop in Cha Am. Fare approx USD 6 for air-conditioned bus. Train is about 4 hours, most trains continue through Hua Hin, only a few stop at Cha Am. Daily flight Bangkok Airways to Hua Hin Airport which also served Cha Am. Flight time 30 minutes. Taxis approx USD 35, journey time 2 hrs 30.
Cha Am hotels and other accommodation:
Budget fan cooled rooms near the beach USD 5 and upwards. Air-conditioned rooms from about USD10. Budget hotels USD 15-20, 3-star hotels opposite or near the beach range from USD 25-30 upwards. There are also high standard beach hotels, 4-star about USD 30-50. Also Cha Am has luxury beach resorts from USD 50. Many of the good beach hotels are on their own stretches of beaches.
Cha Am links to Hua Hin, so some Cha Am hotels are closer to Hua Hin than Cha Am. Some restaurants and bars in Cha Am but for busier evenings most go to Hua Hin. The Novotel Hotel is now the Courtyard by Marriott Cha Am. New hotels include the Baanpantai Resort hotel. The new luxury Alila Cha Am and the luxury Grand Pacific Sovereign Cha Am. Plenty of Cha Am hotel reviews available. see the new reviews for Fisherman's Village Cha Am ( about 25 km north of Cha Am ) and also for the new Courtyard by Marriott Cha Am. There are also rate details for both Fisherman's Village Cha Am, Grand Pacific Sovereign and also the Courtyard by Marriott Cha Am.
Cha Am Thailand has a range of beach hotels, mid range, family hotels and luxury resorts such as the Dusit. There are other beach hotels in Cha Am, do remember that Cha Am 'flows' into Hua Hin so do check for Hua Hin hotels also. The Sheraton opens south of Cha Am towards Hua hin in August. The Novotel Tipviman Cha Am is now the Courtyard by Marriott Cha Am, so do check where those Cha Am hotels are located.
Therre are also boutique hotels and resorts in Cha am, Casa Papaya Cha Am, the Veranda resort Cha Am, also vacation villas and holiday rentals like Baan Talay Samran and Ruen Rom Condos in Cha Am for vacation or holiday accommodation. Long beach hotel Cha Am, Gems Hotel Cha Am, and other Cha Am hotels. There are also many cheap and budget Cha Am hotels and resorts. see also Fisherman's Village resort and the new Courtyard by Marriott Cha Am
- Pros:Close to Bangkok, cheap to get to, plenty to see and do, cheap accommodations
- Cons:Beach not as attractive as others
- In a nutshell:Lazy days, quiet, relaxing, but still lots to see and do
The Tara Mantra is a very new hotel in the Cha Am area. the Tara Manta Cha Am offers a choice of rooms, either garden... more travel advice
The new luxury Yaiya Resort in Cha Am Thailand, luxurious rooms and suites with pool villas. The Yaiya Cha Am is another... more travel advice
sarahreynold's Related Pages
Cha-am Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CHA AM Thailand Travel and Accommodation"
- "Cha Am Beach"
- "Go where the locals go."
- "A serene resort town - ideal for relaxation."
- "Cha-Am Style"
- "Cha-Am - Fantastic place for families"
- "Facing Pataya across the bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cha-am
- Hotels in Cha-am
- Transportation in Cha-am
- Nightlife in Cha-am
- Restaurants in Cha-am
- Shopping in Cha-am
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cha-am
- 24 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Cha-am?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cha-am
Photos in Cha-amSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hua Hin Intro, 69 reviews, 133 photos
- Phuket Intro, 36 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cha-am Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Thailand Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Samui Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chumphon Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Pran Buri Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.