"Zaza100's Newburgh-Where Washington Refused The Cr" Top 5 Page for this destination Newburgh by zaza100

Newburgh Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 50 photos

Hi Folks (Hola)!

I was born in Puerto Rico and raised in NYC! I brought my children to the Hudson Valley 25 years ago because it was so magnificently beautiful and clean! It still remains as beautiful as ever and I have moved from New Windsor to the City of Newburgh, which sits along the Hudson River, surrounded by the Storm King Mountains which are set in the Hudson Highlands. This city boasts being the second largest historic district in the United States. It is home to Washington's Headquarters where he and the Continental Army defeated England during the American Revolution. The City of Newburgh has an array of architecture which is preserved throughout its East End Historic District and shown off during the year in special tours. The City is now trying to establish the Purple Heart Stamp and honor the city as its birth place where Martha Washington designed the Purple Heart and where President Washington first presented it! The city is now trying to develop its waterfront by offering restaurants, boutiques, a boat harbor and walkway. Unfortunately, we do not have hotel accomdations but you can stay in the Town of Newburgh at the many hotels and motels situated along Stewart Airport. Anyway, I inted on running for a seat in the city council and hope to become a positive force in the city's future development! I love to travel and haven't been to as many places as I would like, however, when I do come home, there's nothing better than to see my city by the Hudson!

• Intro Written Feb 7, 2001

zaza100

“Health, Love,Money, & Time To Share It.....”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Newburgh

Have you been to Newburgh?

Latest Activity in Newburgh