"Kiel - The city on a fjord" Kiel by Dirim
Kiel Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 310 photos
I lived in Kiel for 6 months (March - September 2000). I was there for a research titled "Urban Integration Problem of Turks in Germany: A Case Study in Kiel".
Kiel isa nice city with a population of 235.000 inhabitants located at the North of Germany being the capital city of Schleswig-Holstein.
It used to be base for U-boots in World War II, so was heavily bombed during the war. Now it is known as a weekend-holiday place for people from North Germany with its nice beaches.
Interturk is an amateur sports club with about 500 members and mostly dealed with football. If you are living in... more travel advice
Yes, they exist! Watch out and be careful if you are "black-headed" in the night especially in Mettenhof district. more travel advice
Dirim's Related Pages
Kiel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quite a cool city!"
- "THE SAILING CITY OF KIEL"
- "the "little" Kiel"
- "Ferry to Göteborg, some impressions before we left"
- "City of Sails"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kiel
- Hotels in Kiel
- Transportation in Kiel
- Restaurants in Kiel
- Shopping in Kiel
- Warnings and Dangers in Kiel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kiel
- 5 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kiel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kiel
Photos in KielSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Skopje Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ankara Intro, 26 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brest Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bitola Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Belgrade 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Minsk Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belarus Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos