"Oh, the places I'll go" OwenMeany's Profile

I'm sure I had a homepage before.

6 years after joining Virtual Tourist and with many more similar websites spawning up I decided to revisit this and use it as a central point in my online life - given that travelling is my main interest.

I could swear I had created a homepage before but it seems it must have been lost somewhere in cyberspace after all these changes VT has gone through. It's now 2007 and VT has changed and I personally have too. I'm not the same person I was 6 years ago and it's always nostalgic (sometimes embarassing) to read on those stories that happened back all those years and to see where I have come.

I'm no longer struggling to make ends meet in London. I've got a good job in London, earning almost the average London salary and I'm a lot more confident and closer to my astral body. Not sure if my passion for travelling is a karmic residue as I have managed to do quite a bit of it, even with my Thalassaemia tying me to a hospital with a 3-week long lead. I'm also more spiritual, more honest and can stand up for myself better than before. I still fear confrontation and try to avoid it but I'm working on it.

This time I'm off to the Southern coast of Crete, the gulf of Messaras in the Libyan sea. I'll be volunteering with Archelon the NGO for the preservation of the Mediteranean sea turtle. I'm looking forward to connecting with earth, working with my base and sacral chakra and strengthening my spleen energy and my yang levels and keep that Qi moving.

• Intro Updated Jun 11, 2007

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
OwenMeany's Profile Photo

OwenMeany

“Oh, the places you`ll go”

Ranked Member