"Quillabamba" Quillabamba by JohnMJ
Quillabamba Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 12 photos
Quillabamba is a neat little town about 7 hours by vus from Cusco. It is largely a market town, as in the valley are bananas, mangoes, coffee, coca leaves, and other fruits. It is a delightfully clean town and very easy to get around. There are two main squares, and many markets. The valley is very beautiful, sorrounded by mountains. The climate is great, it is warm during the day, mild at night. I highly recommend it for a few days, I only saw a handful of tourists.
Several bus companies go from Cusco to Quillabamba, most charge around 15 soles. Buses are comfortable, and the trip takes about 7 hours. The road after Ollantaytambo is quite dramatic, as it crosses a very high mountain pass. There are many switchbacks, but the drivers seem very professional. It is about half paved, but as of Oct. 2005, crews are working hard to complete the paving, which will take a few years.
Quillabamba is perfect for just walking around. And there are so many flowers.
- Pros:Great weather, good services, friendly people
- Cons:Some mosquitos
Just a quick moto taxi trip from the plaza de amras is the Sambaray complex. It is a beautiful and large park where the... more travel advice
JohnMJ's Related Pages
Quillabamba Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Quillabamba
- Hotels in Quillabamba
- Transportation in Quillabamba
- Nightlife in Quillabamba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quillabamba
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Quillabamba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quillabamba
Photos in QuillabambaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Quillabamba Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Oregon Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Richmond Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Cusco 1 review, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Huacachina Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pisco 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Baltimore 3 reviews
- Lima 1 review, 1 photo
- Portland Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.