"Beautiful Campus of University of Illinos" Champaign by Pete_Thera
Champaign Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 85 photos
The single most important place in Champaign is University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or UIUC. When we refer to Champaign we always have to mention its twin city, Urbana. The combined population of both towns are 100,000.Wright Street runs north-south through the middle of the University campus seperating the towns. Urbana is east, Champaign west, of Wright Street. This beautiful building is Altgeld Hall, the most recognized spot of the university. Built in 1896, Altgeld Hall is one of the oldest buildings on campus. In front of Altgeld Hall stands Alma Mater of the university. “Labor” and “Learning” are the university’s motto.
Pete_Thera's Related Pages
Champaign Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "University City!"
- "New Adventures in the Midwest"
- "Champaign: Illinois' second city"
- "Beautiful Campus of University of Illinos"
- "Five Months in Champaign!"
- "Urbana-Champaign, Illinois"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Champaign
- Hotels in Champaign
- Transportation in Champaign
- Nightlife in Champaign
- Restaurants in Champaign
- Shopping in Champaign
- Warnings and Dangers in Champaign
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Champaign
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Champaign?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Champaign
Photos in ChampaignSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Taipei Intro, 58 reviews, 81 photos, 3 travelogues
- South Korea Intro, 42 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 32 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 27 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 38 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 5 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 31 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kingston Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 24 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue