"Everyone is welcome!" Moscow by Irinna

Moscow Travel Guide: 4,070 reviews and 9,282 photos

Alexey and I were born in Moscow and live here all our life. But it’s a great pleasure to discover some Moscow places together with our son!

There are a lot of places in Moscow when you can enjoy sightseeing and find something interesting for your younger kids. In parks and boulevards (they usually are nearby the most popular sights) you often can find places for games: swings, children’s hills, fountains, figurines of animals or characters from fairy tales.

Moscow likes young children, so you may be sure that with your fellow-traveler you’ll be met as Very Important Persons.

However, there are some problems if you travel around Moscow with a young kid.

Many restaurants have only smoking area. This problem can be solved if you go there not in the rush-hour: there are only a few people there in the morning and afternoon (not at the lunchtime). We usually plan our trips so that to have lunch or dinner at home (but we live here – it’s more simple).

Some places of interest in Moscow are too crowded. You can do nothing with that – Moscow is a large city.

In Metro (and in other places) there aren’t special scales for prams. Of course everybody will help you (especially if you ask about it). Moving staircases in some stations (especially in the center) are too long, and often too dangerous to go there with a young kid. We prefer to use other kinds of transportation – taxi in Moscow is quite cheap (only a few dollars).

• Intro Updated Oct 24, 2004

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Enjoyed reading your pages and seeing all the lovely pictures,have been interested in Moscow for a long time must go one of this days...

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2010 at 1:28 AM

what a wonderful city

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Me again, checking back to read the two new tips that you have added to this page since May 2, 2008. Thanks for your nice holiday wishes. All the best for you and your family for the New Year 2009.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Irina, great updates since I last visited your page in January 06. Hope to see more one day in future be it real or virtual.

• Jan 10, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Do you still go to Cafe Legato? Are the majority of Russian eating establishments still smoking atmosphere or do many have 'non-smoking' areas now? Thank you. Casey Cavasher USA

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 5:18 AM

Thank you for your ratings and nice comment on my Venice page. This Moscow page of your is great as well! Thanx for sharing.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Come on updating, Irina! Good continuing since March,7 when I appeared here for the first time... Fountain on the Teatralnaya square looks great on your pic.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2006 at 4:31 AM

Nice page, Irinna! St. Bazil's is my very favourite!

• aukahkay's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2006 at 8:54 PM

Hi Irrina. I have just returned from your city. It is beautiful!

• Jun 10, 2005 at 10:21 AM

Hi Irina, I love your motto and I am disappointed that if I come to Moscow I can't slide my foot between the lion's paws! I shall be back to look at some more of this lovely page. Maria :))

Irinna Lives Here!

Irinna

“"Pooh's found the North Pole,"said Christopher Robin."Isn't that lovely?" A.A.Milne "Winnie-the-Pooh"”

Badges & Stats in Moscow