"The town towering by the domes" Top 5 Page for this destination Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy by Irinna
Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 125 photos
Pereslavl'-Zalessky is situated just far from main industrial routes on a most beautiful and clean Plescheevo Lake among pine forests and picturesque hills.
Now it's a calm provincial town with mainly wooden houses, bright flowers in little gardens, often earth road in the streets and great number of cathedrals with their domes towering over the town.
It's very small - you can walk trough all the town in two or three hours, but this walk will take you some days if you look around. Really, Pereslavl'-Zalessky is one of the oldest Russian towns, only 5 years younger than Moscow, former fortress which defended Russian lands from the north, the place of location of several famous monasteries, and is regarded as the birthplace of Russian navy, where Russian tzar Peter the Great made his first attempts in navigation.
- In a nutshell:A typical old Russian town, sharming in most of it's places, very nice for travelling with children.
Nice lokation, friendly staff, view on river Trubezh from the window.. We liked it. Reservation is recommended... more travel advice
This small museum maintained by enthusiasts is worth seeing. Here are old steam-engines, wagons, carriages, and other... more travel advice
Irinna's Related Pages
Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The town towering by the domes"
- "Pereslavl Zalessky"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Hotels in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Transportation in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Restaurants in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Shopping in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Warnings and Dangers in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- 19 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
Top 5 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy Intro, 19 reviews, 46 photos
- Gorokhovets Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Bakhchysaray Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Rostov Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos