"Suzdal'" Top 5 Page for this destination Suzdal' by Irinna
Suzdal' Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 358 photos
Our last vizit to Suzdal' was very short - only for a weekend. And the town of course is worthy of much longer staying - we had to stay here at least for 4-5 full days to look around carefully.
This oldest Russian town has always been one of the most famuos. Suzdal' gave it's name to all Russian northeastern lands which were known as Suzdal' lands. In early Middle Ages Suzdal' successfully competed against Kiev - it's senior. And it was Prince of Suzdal' Yury Dolgorukyi who founded Moscow as a fortress which had to defend Suzdal' lands from the West.
Now Suzdal' is a museum - reserve, some of which buildings are included in UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Pros:unique monuments, spirit of old provincial Russian town
- Cons:a bit too touristy, a bit too expensive
- In a nutshell:one of the main things to do in Russia
The hotel is just inside the Convent of the Intercession. The rooms are in small wooden houses, decorated in traditional... more travel advice
Suzdal' is a town of monasterys and churches. And the ringing of their bells goes with you everywhere and everyday... more travel advice
Irinna's Related Pages
Suzdal' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a great daytrip from Moscow or from Ples"
- "Ancient Suzdal'"
- "Welcome to Suzdal"
- "Suzdal and Vladimir - a perfect trip!"
- "Suzdal - a little Russian fairytale"
- "Please set Your Watch Back 800 Years"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suzdal'
- Hotels in Suzdal'
- Transportation in Suzdal'
- Nightlife in Suzdal'
- Restaurants in Suzdal'
- Shopping in Suzdal'
- Warnings and Dangers in Suzdal'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suzdal'
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Suzdal'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suzdal'
Top 5 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy Intro, 19 reviews, 46 photos
- Gorokhovets Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Bakhchysaray Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Rostov Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos