ellyse's profile photo

ellyse

ellyse Huang Online Now
By A Traveller, For MY Travellers
ellyse hasn't come back to VirtualTourist in a while.
Meet other members!

My Favorite Pages

Anchang

Anyang

Beijing

Travel Map

toemayn's Profile Photo
toemayn May 14, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

kahnjetta's Profile Photo
kahnjetta May 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Happy Birthday Ellyse, best wishes on your special day.

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
pieter_jan_v May 14, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Happy Birthday. PJ

sh3llymai Feb 3, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Hi Elly,
Flying in from Beijing, I have allowed two full days (19-4-2014 & 20-14-2014) to spend in Xian and have plans to catch a train from Xian to Zhengzhou the next day (21st April 2014) where I will be staying for two nights to tour Luoyang one full day and Shaolin Temple the next day and then catch the overnight train from Zhengzhou to Shanghai. What are your thoughts? :-)

WidartoW's Profile Photo
WidartoW Sep 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Hello ellyse, i will be in shanghai in 1 - 10 October 2013, i heard that 1 - 7 October is the Independence day in china, is it right? and what i should concern about this event? are there anyone can suggest me a good nice budget hotel in shanghai for 8 - 10 October 2013? and also about the train ticket, i have plan to go to hang zhou in 5 October to 7 October, stay for 2 nights , and to suzhou at 9 october, but not stay overnight, should i book early for hang zhou and suzhou train tickets? because its still holday season and 5 october falls on saturday. Please advice. and if i want to book online and pay by credit cards, what safe sites for online train booking? thank you so much.

WidartoW's Profile Photo
WidartoW Sep 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

chinamonty's Profile Photo
chinamonty Jul 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hi Ellyse - good to see you back. I haven't seen you post for a while. My China knowledge is getting a bit old now so it is good to have your up to date knowledge.

MChina Mar 14, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Hi Ellyse, Nice page!
I posted a message on an old topic but now I found your personal page and I would like to ask you a question if that's okay. Do you know if and when flights from Datong to Xian will be available on websites like eLong? I can find a few in the next couple of weeks, but I'm looking for flights in May. I'm worried that there will not be flights then, do you know that? Thank you very much in advance!

Nidnida's Profile Photo
Nidnida Jan 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Hi ellyse...am NIDA from Indonesia,
Would please give me some information about travelling in Huangshan:

1. How get to Taiping from Tunxi and what time the last bus getting there?
2. How can I go to emerald pool from taiping cable car?
3. What hotel should I stay if come from taiping cable car?
4. How long will it takes from taiping cable car to yungu cable car?

Thanks a lot Ellyse if you wish to answer all of my questions.

Stijn1 Jul 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Hi Ellyse,
By looking at your profile it seems you travel A LOT and you know your stuff about certain parts in China. I have a questions for this, maybe you can give me some short advice:
- Is the bus from Lanzhou to Xiahe difficult to arrange for non-mandarin speakers? Or is it touristic enough over there.
- Tickets can be arranged at any hotel or certain office?
- Same story coming back from Xiahe to Lanzhou? Easy to obtain tickets?
Or do you recommend to hire a taxi or driver?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,