"Saint John, New Brunswick" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint John by Geoff_Wright
Saint John Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 262 photos
Saint John is situated at the mouth of the Saint John River on the Bay of Fundy. A major year-round port, it has large dry docks and terminal facilities. The city has pulp and paper mills, oil and sugar refineries, and food-processing plants. The site was visited in 1604 by Samuel de Champlain, and a fort and trading post was built (1631-35) by Charles de la Tour. In the struggle between France and England for possession of Acadia, the fort was captured and recaptured several times, finally becoming British in 1758. Loyalists from the United States established a settlement here called Parr Town. In 1785 it was incorporated with Charleton and named Saint John, becoming the first incorporated city in Canada. Much of the old city was destroyed by fire in 1877.
For much more information on Saint John and the province of New Brunswick visit:
The New Brunswick Tour Guide .
Another picture of one of the Fundy Isles. Fundy's isles offer splendid deepsea fishing opportunities. more travel advice
The Hopewell Rocks at low water. The Hopewell Rocks at Hopewell Cape, in theBay of Fundy', New Brunswick — also known... more travel advice
Geoff_Wright's Related Pages
Saint John Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint John - Born of the American Revolution"
- "The City on the Bay of Fundy"
- "New Brunswick's Biggest Port"
- "Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada"
- "Saint John, New Brunswick"
- "Cabana Boy's Saint John Page"
- "Saint John: The FUN-dy City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint John
- Hotels in Saint John
- Transportation in Saint John
- Nightlife in Saint John
- Restaurants in Saint John
- Shopping in Saint John
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint John
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint John
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 57 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Saint John?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint John
Photos in Saint JohnSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- United Kingdom Intro, 25 reviews, 156 photos, 12 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altarnun Intro, 24 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oman Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harpers Ferry Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Holsworthy Intro, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Plymouth Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues