"Friendship, Maine" Friendship by Geoff_Wright
Friendship Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 17 photos
Friendship is located in Knox County, on the coast of Maine, more or less midway between Portland and Bar Harbor. It is about 10 miles south of Waldoboro, which is on Highway 1.
The area was first explored in 1605, and prior to 1807 the town was known as Meduncook. The population (in 2000) was 1,204.
Friendship is like so many other little towns along this coast, clean and pleasant to visit and one which we should have allowed more time to see propery. For instance, we never saw the Historical Museum, nor even the working harbour. We had an hotel reservation a little further up the coast (which was really nice), but perhaps we should have stayed overnight in Friendship, to allow more time to explore.
Most of all, we regret not having seen the harbour!
A close-up view of some of the family headstones. If you look carefully at the one on the left, you will notice the name... more travel advice
Geoff_Wright's Related Pages
Friendship Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Friendship
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Friendship?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Friendship
Top 10 Pages
- United Kingdom Intro, 25 reviews, 156 photos, 12 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altarnun Intro, 24 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oman Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harpers Ferry Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Holsworthy Intro, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Plymouth Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues