Sacramento Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Geoff_Wright Top 5 Page for this destination

Sacramento Warnings and Dangers: 12 reviews and 4 photos

Up, up and finally, away! - Sacramento

Up, up and finally, away!

One-way ticket? then watch out!

Having booked my one-way air ticket from Sacramento to Burbank, CA, I thought little more of it. I had about a 3-hour wait at the airport, after my hire car company dropped me off (free shuttle!!). I had to pay for, and collect my ticket at the Southwest Airlines desk, having booked the flight at a travel agents in the city 2 days before.
The security guy said he was going to x-ray my suitcase, and to accompany him to a waiting area, which I did. After the x-ray, I saw my suitcase being thoroughly hand searched. I was then given my ticket back, and thought nothing more about it.

Later, when I went through to departures, I was subjected to further searches, of my hand lggage, and even my camera. A full body search, with the wand, was also carried out. I even had to roll down the front of my trousers, so they could see I had nothing hidden there, LOL! Naturally, shoes are always removed.

I'm not against any form of security searches, but was not expecting this type of search on an internal flight. I had a chat with they security guy, who pointed out that my ticket had been marked at the check-in desk, and therefore wherever I went, I would be subjected to a full search. So now you know!

• Updated Jan 16, 2004

Geoff_Wright

“ Sometimes just let your heart rule your head!”

Badges & Stats in Sacramento

Have you been to Sacramento?

Latest Activity in Sacramento