"Picturesque Looe, South Cornwall" East Looe by Geoff_Wright

East Looe Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 62 photos

The towns of West and East Looe are built on opposite sides of the River Looe, a deep river or 'Ria' valley, so steep-sided as almost to warrant use of the word 'gorge'. Beyond the towns the waterway widens to lake-like proportions and in two streams wanders inland between high hills for nearly three miles.

The twin Looe towns are of nearly equal antiquity, but West Looe is of considerably less commercial importance than its fellow. Many of the finest hotels are situated in West Looe, overlooking the river and East Looe.

• Last visit to East Looe: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 17, 2007

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2013 at 5:05 AM

my family is from cornwall 4 generation back , i have been to west country 4 times . i rtire after 40 years with telco this year , hope do more travel and run my family beef farm in ontario

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Great Page. I first discovered East Looe at one of the saddest times in my life. We had a flat above a shop, maybe the pinky sandy 3 storey building behind you in the main picture.I'll never forget its restorative properties. Thanks for the memories.

• ocean_fire's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2007 at 2:24 AM

You forgot to mention that the Looe railway service is closed on Sundays :o(

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2006 at 11:26 AM

Lovely page. We visited Looe in the 1980's. Seems like we purchased "Tintagel" pottery there. Looks like things have not changed much since then.

• phildeni's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 1:25 PM

Brilliant !! What a beautiful place. I'll ask deni's Mum about it..she may have been there. Great page. P of O

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 2:13 AM

Anywhere with boats, I love. How are you doing?!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 9:53 PM

Nice stuff, fills in a few gaps for me.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 5:05 AM

Oh this looks like a lovely place to visit Geoff! I always tell eveyone I want to visit Cornwall area because of your lovely pages. ;o) Ann.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2004 at 5:11 AM

Twin loos wow, a very revolutionary idea...

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 9:21 AM

SO LOOE IS A LOUGH, who would have thought

Geoff_Wright

“ Sometimes just let your heart rule your head!”

Badges & Stats in East Looe

Have you been to East Looe?

Latest Activity in East Looe