"Beautiful Antequera" Top 5 Page for this destination Antequera by Geoff_Wright

Antequera Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 438 photos

The city of Antequera is some 35 miles or so to the north of Malaga, snuggling under the towering mountains that seperate it from the coast, and on the edge of the great plain that reaches out to Cordoba.

Carmen had recommended we visit the city, and it had been our intention to hire a car during our second week, and travel around. However, due to the poor weather, we relied more on public transport, which on reflection was not a bad idea.

Such an ordinary fountain, in the Plaza de Santiago, but we took a closer look and discovered it had many fish in it, some of them quite large. I thought of England, and wondered how long they would stay there, in the open, back home???

• Pros:Excellent city, and very clean
  • Cons:We spent too long finding the nicest places
  • In a nutshell:Know what you want to see before going, if possible
  • Last visit to Antequera: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 27, 2003

• Sergio_ATQ's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2005 at 11:41 PM

Happy birthday from Antequera!

• londonlover's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 11:50 AM

Nice views of one of the lesser-known Spanish towns. I hope to visit Spain on my next European trip!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2003 at 11:12 AM

a great insight into this lovely old town, but poor Jaymes falling over - reminds me of someone else - oh yes its me!!!! - lol

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2003 at 11:35 AM

Great tips and photos! I will include Antequera on my next Andalucia visit. :-)

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2003 at 11:56 AM

tks for the post box position...next time i'll send postcard! at backstage of your nice intro pic,with distance enough to take the shot,lovers mountain (enamorados)...

• Apr 3, 2003 at 2:32 AM

Wealth of great photo's of a nice journey Sir Geoff...the gateway to the city is very inviting:-)All the best!

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2003 at 11:41 PM

Wonderful to see your photo's. Then there's tiled entrances? Now there's a thought? Aren't you a tile master? How long did it take THEM you think? LOL!

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2003 at 2:41 AM

Auntie Vera is a great old lady isn't she :0) You should see the Aloe's in flower Geoff... they are 6 meters high. Beach_dog had left when you got there Geoff.... he heard you were coming ;0) Great page and tips.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2003 at 2:01 PM

Let's play word association. "Auntie Vera = Antequera." That's funny. Great photos too.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2003 at 1:07 AM

Aunti Vera is lovely isn´t it? lol perro si still doing renovations here... as soon as he finish we will send him to Antequera ;-)

Geoff_Wright

“ Sometimes just let your heart rule your head!”

Badges & Stats in Antequera

Have you been to Antequera?

Latest Activity in Antequera