"Estepona, Costa del Sol" Top 5 Page for this destination Estepona by Geoff_Wright
Estepona Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 261 photos
Estepona has been occupied by the Phoenicians, the Romans and the Moors (Arabs). It was the Moors who occupied Estepona and Andalucia the longest. There are very few vestiges of those times left, just fortifications, walls and watch towers.
In 1456 Estepona was reclaimed by Spain from the moors and from this moment on the history of the town has been fully recorded.
More detail to follow
- Pros:Pleasant Marina area
- Cons:Our less-favourite town along this coast
OK, so I've shown you the nicer bits of town, and this isn't one of them. This is (or was) the scene in Esterpona along... more travel advice
Geoff_Wright's Related Pages
Estepona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Estepona, a charming town"
- "Estepona, a great little base for explorations!"
- "Estepona, Costa del Sol"
- "Estepona - Costa del Sol"
- "Estepona - unspoilt by the British Costa Invasion"
- "An idyllic spot"
- "Amapola's Estepona Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estepona
- Hotels in Estepona
- Transportation in Estepona
- Nightlife in Estepona
- Restaurants in Estepona
- Shopping in Estepona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estepona
- 11 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Estepona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estepona
Top 10 Pages
- United Kingdom Intro, 25 reviews, 156 photos, 12 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Oman Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harpers Ferry Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altarnun Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Holsworthy Intro, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Plymouth Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues