"Mount Washington National Forest, New Hampshire" Mount Washington by Geoff_Wright
Mount Washington Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 30 photos
Mount Washington, the highest peak in the northeastern U.S, attains an elevation of 6,288 feet above mean sea level,. It is located in Sargents Purchase in southern Coös County, New Hampshire, at the heart of the White Mountain National Forest. The 52-acre Mount Washington State Park surrounds the summit, where visitors will find a multitude of old and modern buildings, once known as the 'City Among the Clouds'. Also located on the summit is the Mount Washington Observatory, where, on April 12th, 1934, the world's highest wind speed of 231 miles per hour was recorded.
Access to the Summit of Mount Washington is gained by way of a private road, and the toll fee is quite hefty at $25 (see tips) for driver and one passenger. Glen House is on Route 16, between Gorham to the North, and Conway to the South.
The Great Glen Trails Outdoor Centre is a parent company of the Auto Road, and is to be found in the new Lodge, on the... more travel advice
Geoff_Wright's Related Pages
Mount Washington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "View of summit from Lake of the Clouds"
- "Mount Washington National Forest, New Hampshire"
- "Fresh air in the mountains"
- "Mount Washington and the Presidential Range"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Washington
- Hotels in Mount Washington
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Washington
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mount Washington
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Mount Washington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Washington
Top 10 Pages
- United Kingdom Intro, 25 reviews, 156 photos, 12 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albufeira Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Oman Intro, 25 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Harpers Ferry Intro, 34 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altarnun Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Holsworthy Intro, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Plymouth Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cornwall Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues