"Greetings from Cornwall, England" Geoff_Wright's Profile

This page is due a serious makeover!

My picture here is a view towards St Peter Port, Guernsey, from the island of Herm.
BordeauxTourism

Meeting Berni and Carl

Have you heard of the famous Eden Project, in Cornwall? All the information and pictures are to be found in my Saint Austel page.

Click here to go to Eden:

The Eden Project

Looe, South Cornwall

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Click here to view current weather in the Plymouth, England, area:Plymouth weather

Civil War Monuments

I take a great interest in watching movies associated with the American Civil War. So, knowing that we would be visiting northern Virginia, we made a small detour into West Virginia to visit the Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Well worth the trip, which was an interesting drive in itself, crossing the Shenondoah River. Take a look at my Harpers Ferry travel pages: Harpers Ferry Page

We also visited the famous Gettysburg National Military Park, which, if you are in the south of Pennsylvania, you should make an effort to visit.Gettysbury National Military Park

The Virtual Tourist Team

Some folk here on VT are occasionally finding it difficult to read text using the VTML Handwriting font. I have therefore copied my Vt Handwriting texts into normal fonts, but also left the handwriting font, just to confuse you all the more, LOL.

Thanks to this guy (Giampiero) and Stephanie for their great efforts to encourage me to LA!. The party was great, the company even better, and my memories will last a lifetime. You'll read about my adventures in my pages, when I find a spare moment to write them up.

How to contact them

If you need to contact the Virtual Tourist team, or email your VT friends, here's the latest update on VT mail addresses:

For future reference...please send your email to the following email addresses

WHEN WRITING TO OFFICIAL VT STAFF ACCOUNTS:

all addresses end with @VTMAIL.COM

for example, for member flyingdude66:
flyingdude66@VTmail.com

Mount Washington, New Hampshire

Hampshire in England is rather flat compared with New Hampsire in the United States. During our last couple of days in New England, we managed to conquer Mount Washington, or rather half of it. We couldn't drive the whole eight miles to the summit due to the snow and ice. Mary was happy with just over half way. It's a rair-raising drive up - and down - in first gear all the way!!

VT doesn't have Mount Washington as a location, but it is at Glen House, NH. Click here to visit: Mount Washington

Stop Press!!

I've finnally got around to creating my Mount St. Helens page. Click here for all the pictures and information:Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument

Multnomah Falls, Oregon

Multnomah Falls can be found along the old highway, bordering the beautiful Columbia River, which acts as the State Line between Oregon and Washington State. (See my Oregon pages for more details) Oregon's Waterfalls Page

Click here to view the current weather in the Camborne, Cornwall, area: Weather in Camborne, Cornwall, England

Three Million Visitors and counting..

Want to know all about the world famous Eden Project? Three Million Visitors since opening! Then visit my Saint Austell Page. Just click here:

The Eden Project

Antequera, Spain

We visited the beautiful Costa Del Sol, in Spain, lats March. The weather wasn't very good during the second week, not on the caost anyway, so we ventured inland. There are many beautiful towns only an hour's bus ride from Malaga or Marbella. Antequera, Andalucia, Spain

I have recently found this web site about Ferry and Rail Services Worldwide. Take a look at it if you are interested in Ferry or rail travel: Rail, Sea and AirTravel

And here is another super Travel Site:
World Travellers Net

Another handwriting font:

Hello fellow traveller, thanks for taking the time to view my pages. I am constantly updating them as time goes on, and I get more and better information and photos. I live in Cornwall, in the South West of England, and my main interests are my four horses (see some of them on the following pages, offshore sailing and sightseeing, especially in my own neck of the woods. So these UK pages will be devoted to where I live; don't forget to visit this beautiful area of England when you come over! Also look at my UK travelogue pages, which I will be adding to as often as I can, including my Exeter and Dartmoor pages, but you'll have to go to Bristol to view them . (with the new VT locations, I really ought to re-write those pages now, I'll do it soon).

I spent 2 years in Oman, in the Middle East in the 70's and will return there when I can. Anyone from the UK who has been recently might like to update me. Now read on.

Here is a likk to a weatther site for Camborne, in mid-Cornwall,in case you want to visit:
Cornwall'sWeather Today

The Fence

If you have a bad temper, please read this.

"There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily graduallly dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his tenmper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temnper at all. He told his father aout it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. the days passed and the young boy was finally avle to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said: "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same.

When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say 'I'm sorry', the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one."

Click here to view a link to the Cities of the World: World cities

• Intro Updated Feb 21, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Geoff_Wright

“ Sometimes just let your heart rule your head!”

Real Name