"Sverige" Sweden by KirstenL4W
Sweden Travel Guide: 12,747 reviews and 39,526 photos
My mother's grandparents emigrated from Sweden during the early part of the 20th century, so Sweden has always been a special place for me. Actually going to visit was a dream come true - I stayed with a friend that I met in college, and she took me on a 2-week tour of Sweden, staying with her friends to see as much of the country as possible without breaking the bank, and I had a great 2 weeks seeing the sights and learning a lot about the Swedish culture. Of course my mother likes to tell me what it is like there, based on what her grandmother told her, but she forgets that I have been there and she hasn't.
My trip to Sweden wouldn't have been possible without Cilla and her friends Anna, Ingela, and Åsa - thanks to all of you for your generosity and hospitality.
If you are in Sweden any time between January and March you must try Semlor. This sweet treat was originally served only... more travel advice
Staying with my friends and learning about Sweden at a very local level. I don't think I would have gotten nearly as... more travel advice
KirstenL4W's Related Pages
Sweden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Sweden!"
- "It's in my blood"
- "Sverige - beautiful all year round :-)))"
- "Sweden - Sverige"
- "Make the right turns when you're here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sweden
- Hotels in Sweden
- Transportation in Sweden
- Nightlife in Sweden
- Restaurants in Sweden
- Shopping in Sweden
- Warnings and Dangers in Sweden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sweden
- 8 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Sweden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sweden
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Europe Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Stockholm Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Massachusetts Intro, 5 reviews
- New Jersey Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sweden Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos