"Welcome to My Travels" KirstenL4W's Profile

I am not very good at coming up with something clever or inspirational to say, so I have decided to just list some of my favorite travel related websites that may be of help to you when planning your trips. Don't worry, none of these sites competes with VT! Other sites more specific to a location can be found in my country and city pages. Check back often, I will be adding more sites as I find them.

SmarTraveler This is a site that has up to the minute traffic updates in major US cities. If you don't want to play radio roulette to find a traffic report or you want to easily match it up as you look at your map, then this is a great site. I never leave the office without checking the traffic.

Subway Navigator This site has information on nearly every subway (underground) system in the world. Its a great one-stop-shop for subway information.

Museum Stuff Another one-stop-shop website. This one has links to thousands of museums around the world, plus shopping from museum gift shops, live web cams, virtual exhibits and more.

Radio Locator This is a huge searchable database of all the radio stations in the world with an internet presence. It also lets you know which stations broadcast over the internet, so you can have fun listening to radio stations from around the world!

World Skip This site has links for nearly every country in the world, oragnized into subcategories of news, business, travellers info, radio, lodgings info, practically everything one would need when planning a trip or trying to find out more about a particular country. It even has currency conversions, translations, and lots of other info. **This site currently requires password authentication. I have tried to email them so we can use this useful site. Will report back soon**

Escape Artist This is a site dedicated to expat living - there are resources and links for those wishing to live anyplace but the country they are from. It includes articles on job seeking, immigration, quality of life issues, and anything else that may be of interest to those wishing to escape.

Lots of Links I found this website on a search engine while researching my WorldSkip problem. It was created by an AOL member who states, "The purpose of this web guide is to provide some basic internet resources for gaining awareness of other countries and their cultures." Since I did not create the site, I cannot be responsible for the validity of the links, but if they all work then it's one heck of a resource.

• Intro Updated Jul 1, 2004

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!