"OCTOPUS" Akashi by heywinks
Akashi Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 26 photos
The moat around Akashi Castle Park. The park is a beautiful sanctuary amidst a bustling train station area. The best time to come here is in the spring when the sakura, cherry blossoms, bloom, or in the fall when the leaves start to change color.
"Tako" is octopus in Japanese. Akashi is famous for it. You can come here & visit the famous fish/seafood market, a whole shopping arcade street filled with vendors who sell all different kinds of seafood, but especially tako.
Located between Kobe & Himeji, Akashi is also the gateway to Awaji Island. Akashi is a port city & you can see alot of people walking & fishing around the port area.
Akashi is famous for the Akashi Pearl Bridge, the longest suspension bridge in Japan, measuring 3911meters in length. This bridge is one of the strongest in the world, built to withstand earthquakes & typhoons that may plague the area.
This beautifully manicured park is a great place to go for a stroll around greenery. There is alot to see around the... more travel advice
Written Dec 24, 2002
MORE ABOUT AKASHI CASTLE PARK
Written Jan 28, 2004
Akashi City Culture Museum
heywinks' Related Pages
Akashi Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Akashi
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Akashi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akashi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Himeji Intro, 48 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 31 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 26 reviews, 8 photos
- Osaka Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kinosaki Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Onomichi Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Japan Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Ipswich Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues