Himeji Nightlife Tips by heywinks Top 5 Page for this destination
Himeji Nightlife: 6 reviews and 3 photos
For about 2 months now, I`ve seen a new sport involving bikes in Himeji. Young teenagers, male & female, doing different kinds of tricks with their bikes. It`s not just any bike, but what looks like a child-size mountain bike with thicker wheels & spokes so that the bike doesn`t fall when its tilted. They teenagers do wheelies, spinning around & around, jumping on one wheel, riding then twisting & turning, stopping abruptly & then doing another trick, etc.
I`ve stopped to watch but not for long since I`m usually on my way home from work. They are pretty cool though.
I`ve only seen them near the JR train station, south side, between the bus stops & taxi stand. There`s enough room there for them to do their tricks. They aren`t there during the day. Go around 9pm at night, weekdays.
Directions: If you want to watch & don`t want to be seen staring, then stand in front of Heart-In Convenient Store. That`s a great viewing point to see them do their thing!!
This is where alot of foreigners come to drink at night. English drink menu (no food served, at least from what I saw), English-speaking staff. The bar is small, only 4-5 tables & the bar itself which seats about 10. It gets crowded quick because of its size.
The atmosphere is ok & the people are friendly.
There`s not much happening in Himeji at night, so if you want to go & drink, this is the only place you can go if you can`t speak Japanese.
Dress Code: Shoes required.
Address: Nakatsu Bldg, 2nd Fl (next to Shochiku OS theater)
Directions: Walk north from the station, keep to your left. When you reach Otenmae Parking Lot (3 mins), turn left & the bar is 1 block up.
Want to see Japanese breakdancers? Almost nightly around 8pm, there are a few young Japanese youths who like to play music and breakdance here. They are cool to watch and they try hard to get the moves down. They sometimes get an audience of young girls watching them.
Dress Code: They often wear helmets when doing their moves! It`s cute to see.
Address: Sanyo Dept Store entrance
More Reviews (45)
- See All Chicken Restaurant
- See All Monthly Tea Ceremony
- See All Where to find English books & magazines
- See All Homeless People
- See All CHEAP PLACE TO SLEEP
heywinks' Related Pages
Himeji Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Springtime in Himeji"
- "My Himeji Homepage"
- "Welcome to Himeji"
- "A Long-Awaited Trip"
- "Day trip"
- "White Beauty"
- "Quaint town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Himeji
- Hotels in Himeji
- Transportation in Himeji
- Nightlife in Himeji
- Restaurants in Himeji
- Shopping in Himeji
- Warnings and Dangers in Himeji
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Himeji
- 48 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Himeji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Himeji
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Help with accommodation"
- Commented on one of Mattsterhimeji's Himeji travel pages
- Wrote a Review Chicken Restaurant about Uottori in Himeji Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Best Okonomiyaki Near the Station"
- updated a Himeji Travel Page "Springtime in Himeji"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Himeji Intro, 48 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 31 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 26 reviews, 8 photos
- Osaka Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kinosaki Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Onomichi Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Japan Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Ipswich Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
- Himeji Castle- 59 Reviews, 118 Photos
- Koko-en Garden- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- City Overview- 7 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Kobe -Day Trip- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Taiyo Koen (Taiyo Park)- 1 Review, 4 Photos
- Engyoji Temple- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Hyogo Prefectural Museum of History- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Senhime Tenmangu Shrine- 1 Review, 3 Photos
- Mount Shosha (Shosazan)- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Himeji City Zoo- 1 Review, 1 Photo
See All Himeji Things to Do