"Springtime in Himeji" Top 5 Page for this destination Himeji by heywinks

Himeji Travel Guide: 193 reviews and 514 photos

Summertime

It`s hot & humid here in the summertime. It can get unbearable at times. If you can`t take it & need a break, go into one of the department stores near the station & cool off!

Himeji is famous for Himeji Castle "White Heron Castle". It's the most beautiful castle I have seen in Japan.
There is more to see in Himeji than just the castle though. Take a look at some of my tips for more info. Enjoy your trip & if you have any questions about this city please do not hesitate to email me.

This picture was taken during the Himeji Castle Cherry Blossom Festival on April 6, 2003. See how the blossoms are mixed with maple leaves??

• Last visit to Himeji: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 4, 2003

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 3:07 PM

You were the featured traveler just now, and so I wanted to see what you had written about a good spot, and chose this at random. Wonderful looking place!

• mavl's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2008 at 9:23 PM

from your cherry blossom photos, there's no doubt that to visit during this time would be great. however, photos of this part of japan taken during autumn really look great too. now i'm not sure anymore when i should go =)

• Wowmoment's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2008 at 11:44 AM

My Japan trip is in a few weeks time so you have made Himeji a must for me. I really love historical places and it seems a unique experience of a very different country from mine.

• rmdw's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2008 at 10:37 AM

A friend of mine and her 2 young boys are over in Nippon right now, for a 2-month visit to see the grandparents. Your photos give me a small glimpse of what they're seeing everyday. Thank you!

• hslowe's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 4:27 AM

You just made my Himeji trip so much easier! THANKS!

• D._Pepper's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 6:31 AM

Hi Sonia! Guess what? I am in Osaka and heading for Himeji tomorrow! Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom! I'm reading your tips with interest and will try to send you my impressions when I get back to Manila on Saturday. Cheers!

• Pixiekatten's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Wow what an amazing page on Himeji! And gorgeous pics of the white castle and sakura! :)) Great work! Will be back to check out your other Japan pages!

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 12:01 AM

Great pages. I'm going to Japan next so your pages were very helpful. thanks

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 3:35 AM

Wow, you were there with the sakura-blossom and festival. How much I would have liked to experience that. Thanks for bringing me back.Greetings, Paul

• AyurinHiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 8:56 AM

Now I'm in love with Himeji Castle.... I have visited there 4 times since last September :-) Your photo (Himeji in spring) is very beautiful. I'd like to go there in spring.

heywinks