"Furano" Kami-furano by heywinks
Kami-furano Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 67 photos
The name Furano originates from the Ainu word "Furanui", meaning fragrant flower. It`s no wonder since Furano is famous for lavendar. There are lavendar fields dotting the landscape in the town. Be sure to buy some lavendar products if you come here & try some lavendar ice cream! Sounds strange but tastes delicious!!
Another Furano fact is that geographically, Furano is located smack middle of Hokkaido! Because of this, Furano has earned the nickname ?navel/belly button town??. Every summer, a navel/belly button festival is held here. Around 3000 people participate & draw funny faces on their bellies & dance around in the main street area!!
For more information on Furano in English, go to their tourist page: www.furano.ne.jp/kamifurano/en
I don`t know the name of this restaurant above a souvenir shop but the food here was really good! I came here as part of... more travel advice
Calbee is a brand of potato chips in Japan. They are my favorite!! I was so happy to happen upon Calbee Potato in... more travel advice
heywinks' Related Pages
Kami-furano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "History of Kami-furano"
- "Kami Furano"
- "Furano - Land of the rolling plains"
- "Flower fields in Furano and Biei "
- "Lavender road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kami-furano
- Hotels in Kami-furano
- Restaurants in Kami-furano
- Shopping in Kami-furano
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kami-furano
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kami-furano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kami-furano
Photos in Kami-furanoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Himeji Intro, 48 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 31 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 26 reviews, 8 photos
- Osaka Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kinosaki Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Onomichi Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Japan Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Ipswich Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues