"KOBE- PORT CITY" Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe by heywinks

Kobe Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 564 photos

This was the first city I visited abroad! So this city holds special memories for me. I visit Kobe 1-2 times a month on the weekends. There's always something going on in Kobe and I always love to discover new areas of the city.

Kobe`s Chinatown

Being Chinese-American, I always like to visit Chinatowns in different countries. Living in Japan now & being near Kobe is a blessing. There is one other Chinatown in Japan-in Yokohama.
Kobe`s Chinatown is where I buy my Chinese groceries & sauces. Oyster sauce, vermicelli noodles, spring roll wrappers, different kinds of Chinese tea, herbs, etc.

WANT A GUIDE TO TAKE YOU AROUND??

KOBE STUDENT GUIDE is a volunteer organization made up of college & university students in Kobe & Osaka. Their purpose is to guide visitors around in Kobe, Osaka, & Himeji (in English).
This is a free volunteer service for people visiting from abroad however you must pay for the guide`s transportation fee (including the fare between the guide`s home & the appointed place to meet), admission fees, & lunch.
For more information or if you want to make a reservation or appointment, contact ksg-ml@b8.infoseek.co.jp. Or check out their website at www.geocities.co.jp/Berkeley/3136/Jhomepage.

• Last visit to Kobe: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 28, 2004

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Hi there, nice page. There is also a Chinatown in Nagasaki which is a city well worth visiting. Irene

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Nice and useful Kobe tips and photos. I have not been to Kobe yet. I have a friend there, so I should visit. have a nice day.

• gaizee's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2005 at 10:04 AM

I really enjoy reading your pages, so much to see.Thanks for the tips

• kazuhr's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2005 at 8:21 AM

Great pages on Kobe. I've been to PINOCCHIO, too and love it!

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2005 at 2:29 AM

Good work on this page, i'll check more of yours another time, all the best Sonia.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2004 at 1:05 AM

loved your tips and would if I ever get there, I'll remember to bring a padlock! :-)

• bkoon's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2004 at 11:35 PM

Good tips. But I have so little time to do so many things. Thanks again for the info.

• ExoticGal's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 6:38 AM

Great shopping tips! Btw, while I was in Kobe I sacrificed the fireworks at Kobe Port to go shopping in Mosaic... :)

• Vintom's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2003 at 1:37 PM

If I ever get to Kobe I know where to check on the food! Good stuff, nice intresting bit about the student guides!

• Jul 30, 2003 at 9:00 AM

What a WONDERFUL variety of restaurants you chose for us -- DO MO!!!!

heywinks