"A BEAUTIFUL VIEW & EXQUISITE TEMPLE COMPLEX" Top 5 Page for this destination Otsu by heywinks
Otsu Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 36 photos
I spent my 28th birthday here! It was my first time to Shiga prefecture & I came here to see Mt. Hiei & Enryaku-ji Temple. It took a long time for me to get here from where I lived in Japan (Himeji) but it was definitely worth it. I don`t know what else there is to do in Otsu, but people who go to Otsu usually go to see Lake Biwa & to visit Mt. Hiei.
These are beautiful toros that line the staircase on the way up to Amida Do. Toros are stone lanterns that grace... more travel advice
There is no one temple named Enryaku-ji, but a temple complex. In Dec 1994, Enryaku-ji on Mount Hiei was registered by... more travel advice
heywinks' Related Pages
Otsu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A BEAUTIFUL VIEW & EXQUISITE TEMPLE COMPLEX"
- "Lakeside City Otsu"
- "The capital of Shiga perfecture"
- "Otsu (pronounced as Otz)."
- "Otsu: Ancient Capital and Tokaido/Nakasendo Stop"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Otsu
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Otsu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Otsu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Himeji Intro, 48 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kyoto Intro, 24 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kobe Intro, 31 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 26 reviews, 8 photos
- Osaka Intro, 22 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kinosaki Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Onomichi Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Japan Intro, 16 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Ipswich Intro, 15 photos, 2 travelogues