"Debrecen" Top 5 Page for this destination Debrecen by aramat
Debrecen Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 151 photos
Debrecen is one of the major cities in Hungary, in the eastern part of the country, about 220 km from Budapest.
The city has played a significant cultural and political role in Hungarian history. For Hungarians, Debrecen's heritage is predominantly related to the Reformation, and to the 1848-49 revolution and war of independence against the Hapsburg rule.
The Reformed Great Church (Nagytemplom) is the most famous building of Debrecen and the symbol of the city. The views from the church tower are excellent.
The Kossuth Lajos University of Arts and Sciences is one of the largest and the most beautiful universities in Hungary.
- In a nutshell:A fast developing historic city with rich cultural heritage
Debrecen is located in the eastern part of Hungary, about 220 km from Budapest. It's the second largest Hungarian city,... more travel advice
The Aranybika (Golden Bull) is a historic establishment. The Art Nouveau style building was designed by Alfred Hajos,... more travel advice
aramat's Related Pages
Debrecen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Debrecen months"
- "My place of study"
- ""Calvinist Rome" D E B RE C E N"
- "A pure Calvinist experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Debrecen
- Hotels in Debrecen
- Transportation in Debrecen
- Nightlife in Debrecen
- Restaurants in Debrecen
- Shopping in Debrecen
- Warnings and Dangers in Debrecen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Debrecen
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Debrecen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Debrecen
Photos in DebrecenSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Bali Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Cuba Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos