"Graz - World Heritage and Cultural Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Graz by aramat

Graz Travel Guide: 562 reviews and 1,463 photos

Historic Graz

Graz is a pretty Central European city where various architectural styles and artistic movements have blended since the Middle Ages.
The influence of the neighbouring countries (Hungary, Slovenia and also Italy) is recognisable too.

Cultural Capital 2003

While it could be a certain surprise that Graz has become the Cultural Capital of Europe in 2003 (after all, why not Vienna?), the city rises to the challenge with an impressive cultural programme and exciting, creative ideas.

• Pros:Nice atmosphere, cool ideas
  • Cons:Most information in German
  • In a nutshell:Cool in a historic background
  • Last visit to Graz: Sep 2003
  • Intro Written Oct 4, 2003

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Excellent photos! Nice page with lots of info.

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Graz is beautiful.I could not see it the last time.Maybe I'll do it when I visit Austria this April.

• Jun 24, 2006 at 2:47 PM

Thank you, Tamara for viewing my Cape Town Page. I thoroughly enjoyed your Graz Page. It does look like a great destination!

• terps94's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2006 at 10:37 AM

great page!! I went here a couple of times and have lot of fond memories especially of the Irish pub, hehe

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2004 at 12:33 PM

Hi Tamara, I hadn't heard of Graz before but I have now :-) I enjoyed reading through your tips. There are so many places here on VT!!!!! Cheers from Labrador, Canada :-)

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2004 at 4:10 PM

You've done a nice presentation on Arnold's hometown, its history and sights. Thank you for the mini tour!

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2003 at 12:19 PM

An eye for good architecture & details, beautiful photography and useful tips - excellent page! Hope to visit Graz soon, in the meantime I really enjoyed going through your page. Thanks.

• aragorn01's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2003 at 9:43 AM

I tasted that icecream in the States, it's very good!

• joks's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2003 at 4:09 AM

nice pics of the cultural projects..as an architecture student, I have heard of the projects but I cant believe I saw it in your page!! :) i like the Acconci installation.

• A2002's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2003 at 10:59 AM

I feel like tasting the ice cream from the way you described them. The life looks interesting... Excellent page of Graz.

aramat

“Not all those who wander are lost”

Badges & Stats in Graz