Trinidad Favorite Tips by aramat Top 5 Page for this destination
Trinidad Favorites: 13 reviews and 12 photos
Horse in Trinidad
Favorite thing: This horse was drinking water in the street, but stopped to watch us to take this photo.
Goat in Trinidad
Favorite thing: This goat was grazing next to the Iglesia Santa Ana and didn't seem to be disturbed by the people walking by.
Favorite thing: The Ancon peninsula, a beautiful natural area is about 12-13 kms from Trinidad. The beaches washed by the Caribbean Sea are sandy with crystal-clear water.
Fondest memory: We stayed on the peninsula rather than in the town and it was a good decision. After a long day in Trinidad, it was bliss to submerge in the warm sea.
The picture shows the still water between the peninsula and the mainland.
Valle de los Ingenios
Favorite thing: In the 18-19th centuries the Valley of the Sugar Mills was one of the most productive sugar-cane growing areas in Cuba. Today, it's a UNESCO cultural heritage site together with Trinidad as the sugar-cane plantations provided the wealth for the town's development.
Fondest memory: The old sugar estate of Manaca Iznaga. There is a tourist restaurant and a souvenir shop in the main building, but the major attraction is the fascinating 45m tall slave tower.
Favorite thing: Because of the wrought-iron decorations on the top, these doors look a bit like birdcages to me.
Faded brown and green
Favorite thing: I particularly like these pastel colours, they feel so warm.
Favorite thing: I found the doors and windows of different shape and colour very pretty.
Street in Trinidad
Favorite thing: The cobbled streets and the colourful little houses make the old town of Trinidad an unforgettable place.
More Reviews (14)
- See All Masks and carvings
- Live music
- Hotel on the Ancon peninsula
- See All View of the Valle de los Ingenios
aramat's Related Pages
Trinidad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trinidad - witness of slave trading"
- "Having a great time in Trinidad"
- "La ciudad de la siesta"
- "ITS HOTTTTTTTTTTTT in the CITY!!!"
- "Trinidad, Cuba."
- "Place full of history"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trinidad
- Hotels in Trinidad
- Transportation in Trinidad
- Nightlife in Trinidad
- Restaurants in Trinidad
- Shopping in Trinidad
- Warnings and Dangers in Trinidad
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lake Cooroibah Hotels
- Grand Baie Hotels
- Porto Alegre
- El Matador State Beach Hotels
- Henrietta Hotels
Badges & Stats in Trinidad
- 22 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Trinidad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trinidad
Photos in TrinidadSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Graz Intro, 38 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos
- Bali Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Cuba Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (7)
Latest Trinidad hotel reviews
- Hotel Casa Munoz
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 8, 2013
- Islazul Hotel La Ronda Trinidad
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Brisas Del Mar Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad
- 289 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Finca Ma' Dolores Trinidad
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hotel Ancon
- 228 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013
- Hotel Las Cuevas
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Street Scenes- 17 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Playa d'Ancon- 7 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Plaza Mayor- 12 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Valle de los Ingenios- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Nature- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Trinidad People- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Musea- 7 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Iglesia Parroquial- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Iglesia de San Francisco- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Palacio Cantero- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos